Music classes for babies & toddlers… and their grown ups too!
These weekly classes are action-filled for babies & toddlers – full of energy, often on the move, always exploring and learning – and their parents. Together you’ll sing, chant, move, dance, listen, and play simple instruments, all activities that bridge the natural connection between music and movement.
Can a Baby or Toddler Really Learn Music?!
Over time there is more and more research that suggests the younger a child is, the more she is learning. Learning music is just like learning a language. Just like speaking to your baby early on is critical to language development, exposing your child to music from birth benefits music development. As you know, your toddler cannot always show you how much she is learning right now. Allow your toddler to listen to you sing, feel the steady beat, and observe the class. Babies and toddlers absorb everything around them. Absorbing the music is the first step. Over time, families find that their toddler is playing the instruments, feeling a beat, and singing along. Patience is key and well worth the wait.
The MusikGarten Class:
- Increases your little one’s curiosity about music
- Builds coordination, body awareness, and control with fun movement activities
- Develops listening skills and a sense of beat, using simple instruments to play along with such as drums, jingles, rhythm sticks, and resonator bars
- Establishes a foundation for singing and musical thought
- Helps you form a closer bond with your little one
- Gives you and your child a chance to interact with other parents and littles