Highland Music Studio’s COVID-19 mask policy is changing in accordance with updated CDC guidelines. Masks are now optional for teachers and students. Students or parents of students can request that their teacher wear a mask verbally at their lesson or through a written email to [email protected]
As we have learned, the situation and guidelines are always changing, so this can change again in the future.
Beginning TODAY our mask policy is changing to the following…
- We ask those of you who are unvaccinated to please continue wearing your mask.
- All teachers are currently required to wear a mask.
- Parents can choose if they wish for their child to wear a mask.
- We will continue with handwashing and sanitation as always.
- We ask if you are under the weather to please stay home.
We still are meeting students outside for lessons until August. We will be opening the waiting room again in August.
Voice lessons (and ALL lessons) are available in-person now. Voice students may remove their mask during lessons while singing.
We are reopening August 10th and will have both in-person and online music lessons. Here is a video tutorial about our new studio operations with covid-19.
Beginning on August 10th, students will have a choice between online or in-person lessons. Please review the below operations if you choose to come in-person:
The following rules will be STRICTLY ENFORCED as the studio will now be open with many safety precautions in place because of Covid-19.
- All students are required to wear masks. Our teachers & staff will be wearing masks as well. Please contact us if your child has any issues with wearing a mask. Students without masks will not be permitted inside the building.
- All students will have their temperature checked when they enter the building.
- If you or your child are sick, PLEASE DON’T COME TO THE STUDIO. All students can switch to online lessons at any time or have makeup lessons.
- Parents or any guests are not allowed inside the studio. The waiting area is closed. Please wait in your car while your child/children are in the studio.
- Drop-off and pick-up schedules are strictly followed. Please be available to pick up your child on time.
- Students have to BRING THEIR OWN MATERIALS (excluding keyboards). This includes headphones for group piano, guitar picks, music books, tuners, pencils, erasers and any other materials that they use in their lessons.
- Lesson assignments will be emailed & students will use a virtual reward program called ClassDojo. There will be no physical prizes given to students.
- Please use the bathroom or have your child use the bathroom before coming to the studio. THE BATHROOM INSIDE THE STUDIO IS CLOSED.
- We will be following these measures to make sure our studio remains clean and sanitized:
- All our teachers & staff will wear masks & must pass temperature checks and health scans.
- Sanitize pianos & keyboards after each student.
- Hand-sanitizers will be used by everyone before and after lessons.
- Plexiglass dividers will be used in EVERY lesson room & the office.
- Group piano classes will have pianos spread significantly more than 6 feet apart & no more than 5 students. Plexiglass dividers will be in group piano classes.
- All door-handles will be cleaned frequently.
- Professional cleaning services used regularly.
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OPERATIONS. PLEASE REVIEW THESE OPERATIONS WITH YOUR CHILD. THESE PRACTICES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.